Comedian and trivia host Ryan Budds chats Thanksgiving facts and stops by Designer Con 2016 in Pasadena, CA to ask artist and art fans some pop culture trivia questions. Learn about bootleg toy art, a Bob's Burgers director's favorite character, and a woman who draws the best of her day on a calendar square every day since 1995. ALL LINKS TO ARTISTS BELOW. Listeners Quiz prize: Boba Fett Rufnek sticker! Email email@example.com with the three answers to enter.
Theme song by Frawsty: https://soundcloud.com/frawsty
PARTY, EVENT, FUNDRAISER COMING UP? Book Budds for some trivia! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on how to make your event unique and fun.
SAT NOV 26TH-HARRY POTTER ART SHOW at GEEKY TEAS in Burbank, CA! All day event, Harry Potter Trivia with me from 6-8pm. Dress up! I will.
SAT DEC 17TH-UGLY SWEATER X-MAS BACKYARD COMEDY SHOW at my house. Email me for details email@example.com, 8pm.
Hosted by Ryan Budds. For more info on all events check these sites:
FULL SHOW NOTES AND LINKS TO ARTISTS
(13:00) Tracey Tubera (Darth Vader/Jordans art, Stranger Things, Avengers Pins)
(15:47) Squid Kids Ink (Nintendo Cartridge Art)
(17:57) Durrell Odem Art (NBA Caricatures)
(21:29) Janky Toys (Star Wars Missing Limb Bootlegs)
(25:00) Rufnek (Killin' It Shirts, Pop Culture Socks)
(28:38) Juan Muniz Art (Bunnie Style in Deadpool, Adventure Time, etc)
(30:41) Quick Note on Artists from Budds
(31:20) Clay Next (Clay Figure Making)
(33:54) Tyree Dillihay (Bob's Burgers Director)
(34:51) Sabine Mackey (One Image a Day Calendar for Guinness Book)
(38:04) Rebel Art Design (Mashups like Calvin and Hobbes Hogwarts)
(40:31) Outro by Budds
(41:15) Listener Quiz and Plugs
Questions asked at Con:
D-CON TRIVIA QUESTIONS
What was the name of the dog on The Jetsons?
What is Dog the Bounty Hunter’s real first name?
Who had the hit song Who Let the Dogs Out?
What is the name of the gray cat who annoys Garfield?
Yusuf Islam is better known as who?
Who played Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises?
Is Peter Parker’s middle name William or Benjamin?
Natalia Romanova is better known as what alias?
What is the name of the Colonel who used Wolverine for Weapon X testing?
What Batman villain committed crimes corresponding with certain dates and holidays?
Grant Gustin plays what DC superhero on TV?
Traditionally, what color are Aquaman’s pants?
BACK TO THE FUTURE
1. How many coats of wax does George McFly want Biff to put on his car at the end?
2. True or False it was the top grossing film of 1985?
3. Who is Marvin's famous cousin he calls on the phone to have him listen to Marty's sound?
1. What is the name of the main monster in the first season of the show?
2. What actor plays Dr. Martin Brenner?
3. What device does El use to let the boys communicate with Will?
1. What beer is known as the coldest tasting beer in the world?
2. What beer uses beach chairs and sand in many of its ads?
3. What instrument is sometimes uses for the Guinness logo?
1. What Mountain Dew variant was released in 2001 and still remains today?
2. In 1985, Coke tried to change its formula. What was it called?
3. What drink's slogan is OBEY YOUR THIRST?
1. What is Jason Lee's character's name in Mallrats?
2. Who plays a cop in Jay and Silent Bob strike back?
3. What kind of place do the main characters work at in Clerks 2?
1. What is the name of the mario suit that turns you into a statue in Mario 3?
2. What color onsie does Donkey Kong Jr wear?
3. In Contra, what metal animal logo floats by allowing you to shoot it for powerups?
1. Who's catchphrase is Wooooooooooooooo?
2. What item did Mr. Perfect always carry to the ring?
3. Name John Cena's shoulder-placed finisher.
SUPER HERO MOVIES
1. Who plays Red Skull in Captain America the First Avenger?
2. What is the subtitle of the Thor sequel?
3. Who are the main villains in Batman Forever?
1. In what movie is Johnny Depp's character's dad a dentist?
2. What bomb starred Depp and Angelina Jolie in 2010?
3. True or False, Depp is 53 years old.
1. What is the name of the school bus driver?
2. What gross item does Bart say Milhouse puts on toast?
3. What does the train-themed valentine say that Lisa gives to Ralph?
1. How many Sharknado movies have been released?
2. What is the name of the island in Jaws?
3. What pixar character has the nickname of Sharkbait?