Standup comedians Ken Garr (MGM Grand, "Love Meets Hope" film with Ed Asner) and Nate Weatherup (Comic Edge on Aspire TV, Dave Coulier's opener) face off in ten trivia questions each about two subjects they love: Ghostbusters and The Chicago White Sox. Category Round: Simpsons Characters. Listeners Quiz Prize: free Trivia with Budds t-shirt! Email email@example.com with the three answers to enter.
Theme song by Frawsty:
Hosted by Ryan Budds.
FULL SHOW NOTES:
- Who am I? (:22)
- How the podcast works (1:30)
- Some of my favorite podcasts and inspiration (4:20)
- Ken and Nate's apartment (6:25)
- Ken didn't understand picki topics (7:35)
- PORTILLOS YUM (8:15)
- Cleaning chaw (9:40)
- Ken's Topics: White Sox, Brexit, Facebook Live, PORTILLOS, Dating in LA
- What it's like Dating in LA (12:05)
- Nate's topics: Ghostbusters, Harry Potter, State Capitals, Rollerblading
- Female Ghostbusters (13:00)
- Collecting toys for your kids (14:00)
- What year did the first Harry Potter book come out? (15:30)
- What's the capital of GA? (16:00)
- Meeting Matt Groening (17:07)
- 90s Rollerblading Movies (18:10)
- Hover board podcast (18:30)
- Buzzword: BEARS (19:40)
- Trivia showdown! (19:02)
- Shaving tips and a great bald joke (25:30)
- Acting out GHOSTBUSTERS and Die Hard as a kid (29:31)
- The movie The Secretary (33:51)
- Wendi Starling VOs (37:00)
- Combo Question! (37:04)
- Popped next to Ernie Hudson (38:00)
- Categories with Budds! (38:40)
- THE WINNER (40:49)
- Prizes (41:02)
- Plugs! (41:28)
- Listener Quiz! (43:02)
Questions from this ep:
- In what year did the White SOX win their first championship?
- What jersey number was Frank Thomas?
- What is the nickname of the fuzzy green mascot for the SOX?
- Charlie Robertson was the first player in white SOX history to do what?
- Disgruntled do Steve Dahl created what crazy event in the middle of the field that drew 100,000 people?
- How many innnings did the longest game ever have against the Brewers?
- Who did the SOX sweep to win the 2005 World Series?
- What did player Monty Stratton leave the SOX for? A) won the lotto B) hunting accident C) entered a monastery
- Who was the only member of the 09 SOX to play 150 games?
- Who was hired as manager of his former team in 2004?
- What location does the opening scene for the first movie take place in?
- What artist had the iconic Ghostbusters theme song?
- One the set of the movie what recently passed friend did Dan Akroyd refer to as Slimer?
- What did they use for cheap marshmallow in the film's end scene?
- What year was Ghostbusters 2 released?
- What does the PKE meter stand for?
- What percentage did the film receive on rotten tomatoes?
- Annie Potts plays what character in the series?
- Who turned down the role of peter venkman to star in the police academy MOVIES?
- A darker cartoon with a different word before the main title premiered in 1997, what was it?
- In 2014 what GHOSTBUSTER threw out the first pitch at a SOX game to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the films release?
CATEGORIES WITH BUDDS: Simpsons Characters
- What is the capital of Vermont?
- What year was the original NES released in the Us?
- Who played the Penguin in Batman 66?